Processing of your personal data takes place exclusively within the framework of the statutory provisions of the data protection law of the European Union, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter „GDPR“) and, additionally, the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz hereinafter „BDSG“) as well as other statutory provisions on data protection (together „Privacy Laws“).
Should you be interested in reviewing the GDPR, you you can acquaint yourself with the full text on the internet at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679
- Subject of data protection, legal basis and sources
- Data categories
- Server log data
- Communication by e-mail
- Distributor area (BEST Distributors’ Corner)
- Online shop (BEST Accessories)
- Google Analytics
- Third-party services and content
- Links to social networks and platforms
- Comments on this Website
- Recipient of personal data
- Data processing in third countries
- Storage time
- Your rights
- Our data protection officer
1. Subject of data protection, legal basis and sources
The subject of data protection is personal data. Personal data is information about the personal and factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. Your personal data therefore includes all data that could allow someone to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Personal data also includes information resulting from the use of our Website, such as the beginning, end and scope of use, or your IP address. For details on the personal data categories processed by us, see section 2.
We process your data only if an applicable law allows this. The following are the primary legal basis for the processing of your data:
- Consent (Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) GDPR): We will process certain data only on the basis of your prior explicit and voluntary consent. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Contract fulfillment or implementation of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter b DSGVO): In particular for the initiation or execution of a contract with Palatia Malz, we require certain data from you.
- Fulfillment of a legal obligation (Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 (c) GDPR): In addition, we process your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations, such as commercial and fiscal document retention requirements.
- Safeguarding of legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR): Palatia Malz will process certain data in order to safeguard its interests or those of third parties. This, however, only applies in individual cases if your interests do not predominate.
Please note that this is not a complete or exhaustive list of the possible legal basis, but is merely a list of examples with the purpose of making the data protection legal basis more transparent. For details on the legal basis of individual data processing cases on our Website, please refer to the passages below.
This personal data is derived from the following sources:
- Mostly from yourself, especially resulting from your contact requests, orders and information granted during the conclusion of a contract,
- From our dealers and distributors in Germany and abroad as far as such information is required to process your orders and inquiries,
- From other business partners of our company in Germany and abroad as far as such partners need such information for delivering our products and providing accompanying services,
- From professional service providers and organizations in Germany and abroad who provide us with personal data in the course of the organization of trade fairs, sales and similar events – possibly in an unsolicited manner and without an explicit instruction to do so on our behalf.
2. Data categories
We regularly process the following data categories pertaining to individuals:
- Basic data, in particular your name, title and, if applicable, your company.
- Contact details, in particular your postal address as well as possibly your telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address.
- Contract data, in particular data that you provide us with when opening a distributor or customer account or for the execution of a contract.
- Invoice and payment data, in particular details concerning your payment method and other data regarding payments and billing.
- Content data, in particular texts, photos and data contained in your correspondence with us.
- Usage data, in particular which pages of our Website you visit, the access times and your IP address.